'Composting Complexities' Kicks Off Elements™ IQ
10-Minute Q&A is a Must for Sustainability-Minded Business Operators
Now more than ever, sustainability in business is inspiring owners and operators to learn more and incorporate sustainable best practices. With that in mind, GP PRO's new Elements™ IQ education series delivers business-savvy perspectives from environmental thought leaders - kicking off with a slate of sustainability podcasts. These podcasts tackle key topics that business owners care about: recycling, composting information, environmental certifications, and more.
Episode 1: Composting Complexities
Our first sustainable podcast is a brief Q&A titled “Composting Complexities” that explores the basics of composting as well as some of the nuances that business owners need to know. This episode features GP Research Scientist Peggy Hoks and GP PRO Director of Sustainability Strategy John Salvador, each answering pressing questions about composting—from “What is composting?” to how operators can enhance their approach to composting products. Listeners will quickly discover that composting can be more complex than it sounds.
Learn More on Composting with These Helpful Links
- Large Scale Composting – Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (1 minute)
- How does Municipal Composting Work – City of Oakland, CA (3 minutes)
- Cedar Grove Composting Overview – Everett, WA (6 minutes)
- Taco Time – 100% Composting – Front of House (3 minutes)
- Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) Composting Background and Definitions (5 minute read)